Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I'm So Fucking Excited.

Today was a pretty good day.

Me and my sister have been planning a 50th Birthday party for my mom in secret for the past month or so. It's a Fifties theme party, she loves stuff from the 50's. So toy we did a lot of errand for the party.

At the end of the night, we hit Flanigan's, for their 50% all booze special. My new fave shot: Melon Ball! It's simple, it's strong, it's sweet. We had 8 shot between both of us, and it was only $25! That's a deal right there.

Now, the real excitement is tomorrow. Lady Gaga concert! I've been dying to see her perform. She is seriously one of the very, very, very few artists I truly admire and enjoy. I think I've only been fans of 3 bands/artists my entire life: Hanson (I know it's silly, but I love the message of their music, and they have great talent), No Doubt/Gwen Stefani (Loved them before they did "Just A Girl" which was their breakthrough song), and now Lady Gaga.

When Gaga first started, I didn't like her/ I thought her weirdness was a product of marketing. I loved her style, but I thought it was an agents clever idea of getting fans. I watched, studied, read everything about her for a year. I finally realized, that this is all her. She is  putting a theatrical show for the world, and she is the sole actress. That kind of talent I admire. She re-invents herself, re-creates herself, revives herself. I love it! This is the kind of creativity, originality I always craved from an artist in a music generation that is all copy-cats and marketing schemes. 

TomorrowI'm going to have a blast seeing her live. Me, my sister, and Gaga! Cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment