Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Out-of-body Experience

I think I had one. And it was horrible.


Let me start at the beginning. I don't sleep well, to say the least. So I take sleeping pills often to help get rest. Side affects are sometimes hallucinations, and nightmares. Some rest, huh? Last night at around 5AM I had a horrible nightmare, I woke up so distressed and startled that I awoke my boyfriend to comfort me. I asked him to turn the light on, but right as he did, I think I fell asleep again.

Next thing I know, I threw myself out of bed, to go to the bathroom. Except, I was still in bed. Or though, I thought I was. It was as if my body wanted to pee, but my subconcious was asleep in bed. I was not, at that moment, in control of myself. My boyfriend thought I was falling, as I said I threw myself out of the bed, and he grabbed me and yelled my name.

Then suddenly I awoke and was back in my body, and I started to scream in terror. Because I was standing, when I knew for a fact, I was asleep in bed. The thought that I was not in control, brought so much fear I was screaming as if I had been trapped and suddenly released.

It was horrifying, I don't ever want to feel that way again. My family all woke up of course. It was a mess, and hard to explain, I was shivering and crying and just so confused. I drank some Coke to give my body a bit of caffeine. And I couldn't get to sleep for a few hours after that. What a way to start a day.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. Sounds spooky. I don't rightly know I myself have ever had an experience like that. I think I may have (Fallen out of the bed at the most, if nothing else). It was due to my lack of sleep. I hadn't slept in 72 hours and when I finally did sleep, it happened. Anyway, hope your able to get some sleep this time around.

    ReplyDelete